Secure and Basic Checking Accounts
Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union now has two types of checking accounts, Secure and Basic. Secure Checking is loaded with valuable benefits and is designed for you. In addition to convenient banking features from Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union, you’ll enjoy vital protection for your family and your finances, helpful ways to save, and big rewards on everyday purchases.
- No Minimum Balance
- Visa Debit Card (restrictions apply)
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay
- Online Transfers To/From Other Financial Institutions
- Direct Deposit
- Choice of eStatement or Paper Statement
- Unlimited Check Writing (no per check charge)
- Balances of $2,500 or more Earn Interest (refer to Schedule for current rate & APY**)
- Foreign ATM fees - Minimum average daily balance of $5,000: 4 free (withdrawals & inquiries), then $1.50 each. Excludes charges by ATM owner.
- Identity theft protection with credit file monitoring: Better protect yourself and your family with IDProtect® identity theft monitoring and resolution service1, that includes credit file monitoring2 and alerts of key changes with Equifax®, Experian®, and Transunion®, ability to request a 3-in-1 report every 90 days or upon receipt of a credit alert, and up to $10,000 in identity theft expense reimbursement3 (registration required).
- Debit Advantage®: Receive Buyer’s Protection3 and Extended Warranty3 for items purchased entirely with this account.
- Cell Phone Protection3: Receive up to $300 of replacement or repair cost for damaged or stolen phones (cellular telephone bill must be paid through this account).
- Health Discount Savings: Enjoy great savings on popular vision, dental, and prescription services (registration required).
- $hopping Rewards™: Earn cash rewards when you shop online at dozens of your favorite retailers (registration required).
- Travel & Leisure Discounts: Save big with deep discounts at thousands of local and national businesses (registration required).
Checking Account Comparison Chart
|Account Feature||Secure Checking||Basic Checking|
|Monthly Service Fee||$5.95
(waived with minimum average daily balance of $10,000 or more)
(waived with minimum average daily balance of $200 AND direct deposit)
|Earns Interest||Balances of $2,500 or more||N/A|
|Visa Debit Card
|Bill Pay||Unlimited||4 free, $0.50 each thereafter|
|Online Transfers to Other Financial Institutions||Unlimited||$4.00 Next Day; $2.00 for 3 day
|Online Transfers from Other Financial Institutions||No Charge||No Charge|
|Direct Deposit||Not Required||A requirement for fee waiver|
|eStatement or Paper Statement||Your Choice||$2.00 paper statement fee|
|Check Writing||Unlimited||4 free, $0.10 each check thereafter|
|Foreign ATM Fees
*excludes charges imposed by ATM owner
|4 free (including inquiries) with a minimum average daily balance of $5,000; then $1.50 each||$1.50 each (withdrawals and inquiries)|
|IDProtect — Identity Theft Monitoring and Resolution Service1||✔||N/A|
|Debit Advantage — Buyer's Protection3 and Extended Warranty3||✔||N/A|
|Cell Phone Protection3||✔||N/A|
|Health Discount Savings
( This is NOT Insurance)
|Travel and leisure Discounts||✔||N/A|
1IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owners, their joint account owners and their eligible family members. The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a "signer" on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and their eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Family includes: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) of the account holder who are residents of the same household. Some of the benefits with IDProtect require registration and activation.
2Credit file monitoring may take several days to begin following activation.
3Special Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the Benefits described. Please refer to the actual Guide to Benefit and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is offered through the company named in the Guide to Benefit or on the insurance document. Guide to Benefit and insurance document will be included in follow-up letter.
Insurance Products are not insured by the NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; not a deposit of or guaranteed by the credit union or any credit union affiliate.
Register below to access your Secure Checking benefits. Use access code: NC422945
Cellular Telephone Protection*
Receive up to $300 of replacement or repair costs if your cell phone is stolen or damaged, in the U.S. and abroad. Maximum of two claims per year. Covers the first three phones on a cellular telephone bill paid through your Secure Checking account. (Cellular telephone bill must be paid through your secure checking account.)
*Special Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the benefits described. Please refer to the actual Guide to Benefit and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is offered through the company named in the Guide to Benefit or on the certificate of insurance.