We have recently changed our credit and debit cards to include EMV Chips. Credit cards have already been issued and the new EMV debit cards will be sent out in stages. When you receive your new card, you will need to activate it as soon as possible. Once you have activated your new card, please remember to update any recurring payments or automatic transactions you have tied to your cards as your card number has changed.
If you have a credit card with Fort Bragg Federal Credit Union, you should have already received your new credit card in the mail. If you have not received your new card, please contact us as soon as possible at 910-864-2232 or 1-800-793-2328.
We appreciate your membership and look forward to continuing to offer our members products and services to fit their needs.
Until next time,
- Shopping online is easy when you use reputable merchants.
- When using a debit card, you may select “credit”, which requires a signature and extends the $0 member liability under the VISA/MasterCard association rules.
- Limit the number of credit cards you travel with. Carrying multiple cards increases your chance of losing one or giving identity thieves multiple credit cards to steal from should your wallet or purse become stolen during your travels.
- When traveling, don’t clearly display your home address on your luggage. Instead use a work address or mobile phone number.
- Moving? Remember to update your cell phone number (and your address) so we can quickly reach you for suspicious transactions on your VISA card. Our 24-hour fraud monitoring service wants to contact you quickly. Supply a good phone number to us.
- Never carry government cards, passports, or birth certificates. These are the top 3 documents for identity theft.
- Should your VISA card come up missing, contact the card issuer immediately so your card can be blocked to help prevent fraud.
- Keep your VISA card in your possession & make sure you get it back after making meal purchases especially where the server might walk away with it.