By now, you should be using the EMV CHIP cards which have a different card number. You should no longer be using a card without a CHIP and old card number. Last year, when we issued the CHIP cards, your card number changed. You should have received a new card with a new card number, a new look, and a CHIP. If you do not have a new card, please either come in to one of our five branches or contact our Call Center today.
Summer travel season is upon us. Many of our members will be travelling outside the United States to visit other countries. As a fraud prevention measure, the credit union has placed some countries off limits for VISA transactions. This means that our cards cannot be used in these locations. For an up to date list of countries that we have placed off limits for VISA transactions, please go to our website where you may review the list prior to travel outside the US. Depending on risk, sometimes we are able to make a temporary allowance for your VISA card so that it can be used. If the country that you will be visiting is on our list, or if you have a question about the list, please contact our Card Services department. We can determine if a temporary allowance can be made.
Good news for ATM withdrawals! Beginning July 1st, the amount of funds that can be withdrawn daily at the ATM has increased to $1,000, per day.
Until next time,
July 1, 2018
- Shopping online is easy when you use reputable merchants.
- When using a debit card, you may select “credit”, which requires a signature and extends the $0 member liability under the VISA/MasterCard association rules.
- Limit the number of credit cards you travel with. Carrying multiple cards increases your chance of losing one or giving identity thieves multiple credit cards to steal from should your wallet or purse become stolen during your travels.
- When traveling, don’t clearly display your home address on your luggage. Instead use a work address or mobile phone number.
- Moving? Remember to update your cell phone number (and your address) so we can quickly reach you for suspicious transactions on your VISA card. Our 24-hour fraud monitoring service wants to contact you quickly. Supply a good phone number to us.
- Never carry government cards, passports, or birth certificates. These are the top 3 documents for identity theft.
- Should your VISA card come up missing, contact the card issuer immediately so your card can be blocked to help prevent fraud.
- Keep your VISA card in your possession & make sure you get it back after making meal purchases especially where the server might walk away with it.